Freedom Kitchens Launches Online Renovation Guide
July 2011 -According to a recent report by the Australian Construction Council, Australians are spending some $35 billion on own-home improvements and forecasts that this will double during the next five years. However, with kitchens topping the list as the most effective value-adding renovation project, Freedom Kitchens warns would-be renovators to consult the professionals to avoid any DIY disasters.
Susan Hasler of Freedom Kitchens says that the rise of renovation programs is inspiring many to undertake home improvements, however the kitchen is not the place to go it alone. “There are definitely many tasks where I would encourage people to turn their hand to DIY, but the kitchen is not one of these.”
She says professional companies have entire teams dedicated to designing and installing kitchens, and for good reason.
“Foremost is safety – you can’t go past a professional design, check measure and installation to ensure the kitchen fits the space properly, has considered all fire hazards and won’t collapse causing serious injury.”
Freedom Kitchens recently launched a comprehensive renovation guide to help navigate renovators through the procedure. Free to download from their website (freedomkitchens.com.au), the guide provides tonnes of practical advice for a kitchen renovation, and is a gentle reminder that with so many factors to consider, this job requires calling in the professionals.
Whether upgrading the home or renovating to flip an investment for a profit, consider Susan’s tips to a successful kitchen renovation:
1. Planning: Read the Renovation Guide and understand the stages and timeline involved in a kitchen renovation – determine whether you can live through it or whether you need to relocate.
2. Design: Be upfront with your kitchen designer and share 1) your budget, 2) your wishlist and 3) how you plan to use your kitchen. Armed with this information along with ideas about your space and style, your kitchen designer will tailor a kitchen to best suit your needs.
3. Colour: Colour fashions change so it is advisable to choose neutral scheme for your kitchen and update with coloured accessories.
4. Installation: Be wary of DIY flat pack options. They are time consuming to assemble and may leave you nervous about your handyman skills. Preassembled cabinets that come ready to install by a professional team will provide a quality finish you can trust.
5. Kitchen Specialist: Choose an accredited company which complies with AFRDI standards. A company like Freedom Kitchens which is Australian owned manufactures its own components locally, maintaining control over quality.
Start your journey to your new kitchen by downloading the free Renovation Guide at freedomkitchens.com.au then call 1800 113 733 to arrange your professional design appointment. Whether you love a traditional, European or contemporary approach, Freedom Kitchens is your expert kitchen destination.